Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Is Near

Yesterday, I braved the cold to put up some outdoor Christmas lights. I bought some lights a couple of years ago and an "after Christmas sale" but did not use them last Christmas. None of us really felt like decorating the house last year so soon after Dad's death. But this year things are different. My siblings and children will be here for at least a short time during the Holidays and I do want to make the house as welcoming as I can. So, I have put up some of the lights. I have enough lights to go across the entire front of the house but only can safely reach around the porch. The rest is too high and I do not have access to a long enough ladder. Even if I did have a ladder, putting up lights would be dangerous in my present condition. I have balance problems that prevent me from climbing too high about ground.



Outside, I still need to do some leaf cleaning. The dick if full of leaves that I really should try to put into bags so the trash people will take them away.



I have been making daily trips to the dump taking old boxes of binders and other junk in the basement. I found out that they do take old TV's and computer accessories. I will take a car full after the dump opens later this morning.





Yesterday, I also changed the oil in the car. When I went to pay, I found that I did not have my wallet. Oops. I had already driven to the dumb so I am glad I was not stopped by the police and asked to show them my driver's license. The guys at the oil changing place were very nice and let my return to the house to get my wallet.























I am listening to Christmas songs now.


No comments:

Post a Comment