Friday, February 22, 2008

The Twelfth Day of Christmas

12 Drummers Drumming refers to the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostle's Creed

Epiphany Eve (January 5) was a good day. I was out of my depression and full of hope for the future. After a big breakfast, I did a lot of work on the forum and around the house. I also worked on Steven's scrapbook project. I still have a lot to do on it.

Theological Lesson: As a member of a strongly anti-creedal denomination, I really do not identify with this interpretation of what the 12 Drummers Drumming means. However, I do recognize that a great majority of Christians around the world do use the Apostle's Creed or one of the other creeds on a regular basis as an expression of their faith and beliefs.

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure what the 12 days of Christmas has to do with faith. I think it is more of a tradition associated with Christmas as is, that one favortie dish your mom always makes for the big dinner around that time of year. I do belive faith really resides in your heart and soul. How we act and react to situations in life is what shows the kind of person and can reflect our Christianity. really are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your comments. I think you are taking my spiritual exercise too literally. I was just using the 12 days of Christmas as a frame work to express items that are important in my spirituality... not that they are literally true. Plus, everything about Christmas is spiritual at some level... at least for me it is... even the favorite dish can be seen as a gift from God ;).

    ReplyDelete