Monday, March 31, 2008

Last Things

I woke up crying this morning after dreaming about going on a trip back to Brazil, the country where I grew up and still deeply love. In the dream, I was at the end of a visit with friends in my "home country." I woke up when I realized that might be my last trip to Brazil. After awaking, I realized that very likely I have already had that last trip back in 1996.

I love Arizona in the late winter and early spring . I have been to Phoenix 3 times... once when I was 12 years old and then twice within the last 10 years. I love Phoenix and would move there if it were not that it is too far away from my kids. Will I ever go back? Probably not.

Life is so full of those types of experiences. Having had cancer and at my age, I am so keenly aware of those opportunities. The last time I visited my Hawkins side of the family in North Carolina was well over 5 years ago. Have I made that trip for the last time? Will I ever visit Europe? Australia? (after all, I now have several friends Downunder ).






Palma in Brazil. There used to be a wooden dam at this place. Dad was the Director of the Baptist Camp located on this farm in the interior of São Paulo State.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I found you on cancer forums. Thanks for moderating the site. I like your blog. I'm looking for some information, so I set up a blog. (My apologies if this isn't the correct internet "protocol") I couldn't figure out how or where to post on cancer forum. I had cancer 2oyrs ago and am now interested in hearing how other long term survivors made it. So I made a blog, if you've got any input on how you have survived I'd be interested in hearing about it. And how to get more people to see a blog? Thanks.

    http://longevitylessons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://after-cancer.blogspot.com/November 1, 2008 at 3:10 AM

    enjoy reading your blog, and am inviting you to tell your story about cancer and all it´s trials and tribulations, on mine.

    just opened up this blog and am looking for people to tell their cancer stories.

    much peace and good health to you and your family.

    Adeus

    http://after-cancer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete