Friday, May 9, 2008

NEW GRANDAUGHTER


The big news for the last two months is that I have a new granddaughter. Abby is the daughter of my second oldest daughter, Lauren. I went to be with Lauren almost a week too early because she told me she was "3 inches dilated" (about 8 cm) when she was actually only 3 cm dilated LOL. Anyhow, it was good that I went that early since her mother and our son had a band trip to go on. I was able to be with Lauren and help her. In fact, I drove her to her doctor's appointment where she found out that she would have her baby that very day. I am very happy that I could be there for Abby's birth albeit in the waiting room (Abby's father had arrived shortly after Lauren's admission to the hospital.

One of the wonderful things associated with the birth of Abby is that it gave me a lot of time to spend at the hospital where I served as a Chaplain for about 12 years. I renewed a lot of old acquaintances and had meals with several long-time friends. That time just made me realize how foolish I was to ever leave. Not only did I abandon my children and a crucial time in their lives but I left a good job and wonderful friends. I have never been able to make such good friends again. Certainly, I can never make up for the hurt I caused my children.

Lastly, the remodeling of my house continues. Since I own the house without a mortgage hanging over my head, I was able to take out a home equity loan. I have already reroofed the house. Today, the workers are here to install new windows. Next week, I will get new gutters. That is all the outside work that needs to be done by someone else. That leaves the inside for me to do. As with the first room, I have plans to paint the other rooms one-by-one. Paying off the loan gives me a good reason to live for at least the next eight years, LOL.

3 comments:

  1. Abby is beautiful. You look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your comments on cancerforums and was hoping that you could add your input and help me build-up www.myelomaforums.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.myelomaforums.com

    ReplyDelete