Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Tuesdays are productive days

Tuesdays are productive days. After getting awakened on Mondays, I find that I am usually very active and creative on Tuesday.

On THAT Tuesday, I had an appointment with a neurologist who promptly told me I could not go back to work. She also scheduled an appointment for me to go to a neurosurgeon for the following week. On that Tuesday, I took care of paperwork and finances. I wrote my Living Will. I went to work and filled out the sickness leave of absence forms. I was running on adrenaline. My mind was racing: What did I need to do prior to surgery? How was I going to pay for it all since I could not work?

It was also a day to notify people. I made two email lists: One of family members, the other of friends. I mailed a notice to each list telling them what was happening to me. I made sure my bills had been paid or at least where already scheduled automatically to me paid. I started a list of things I wanted my health care surrogate to know and to do.

Tuesday was a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment