Monday, January 21, 2008

The Sixth Day of Christmas


6 Geese A-laying refers to the six days of creation

Sunday was another day in bed. My excuse was the US Football games on that day. But truthfully, I was still depressed and did not want to get out of bed. Retelling the same old story gets tiring so I can imagine how tiring it is for any reader who happens to check my blog. Unfortunately, when I get depressed, it is like a dark winter day… just one long night. Even praying becomes impossible. I cannot feel anything… no anger, no sadness, no love… just a profound loneliness. I know that my isolation is self-imposed. I just cannot seem to shack it off and do what I know I should do in order to cope with my depression.

The Six Geese a-laying is should remind me of the six days it took God to create the universe. However, I get hung up on the "laying" part because that is all I did. I wish I had thought about and enjoyed God's creation. I wish I had enjoyed others that day. But I did not. I did write an entry to my blog… for the second day of Christmas. I did do some work on the forum so I guess I was already getting a little better. Nevertheless, it took one more day before I got out of bed.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim..I found this poem and I wanted to share it with you. Hope you enjoy. Its called...
    THE SHIP OF LIFE,
    Across the shore awaits a boat
    Though sea's are rough, its still
    afloat
    Raise the sails, held up by mast
    Forget the troubles of distant
    past
    As wave crash down upon the deck
    Steady the boat; not quite a
    wreak
    Tend the mast, and fix the scrach
    light the lantern with one last
    match
    The storm will end, pull anchor
    and rope.
    look up to see the stars of hope.
    Hope you have a great day!
    Tam =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tam :). The poem is very nice.

    ReplyDelete