Thursday, March 26, 2009

MRI REPORT


10 Cançadores


I am not sure if the news is good or bad or just nonexistent. Last night was very bad. I had a strong aura just 2 hours after taking my medicines. Cousin Emily drove me to the neurosurgeon. The doctor did two things: Ordered an MRI and called the neurologist to get me in before April 14. I am now scheduled for April 2. The doctor also put me on driving restrictions. He told me to limit drastically if not totally the amount of driving that I do until I get these auras under control. I can drive to the grocery store and back is pretty much it for a while. I will talk to my neurologist about how long I will be under that restriction.

  
We left his office and drove to the Imaging Center and they did an MRI with out and with contrast. Although basically everything was the same as all other MRIs that I have had, there was one difference: the technician asked me if I was going to see the neurosurgeon again. The technician has never asked that so I wondered why he did this time. However, to be clear, the technician never expressed and concern in what he said, in his tone of voice, or in how he treated me. He even joked with me about me being a "MRI Pro" and that I must have earned a degree in "How To Be A Good MRI Patient" by now.

  
Unfortunately, the answer to his question was "No". My neurosurgeon did not what to see me back. He instructed me to get a CD of the MRI to take with me to my neurologist. The Imaging Center people would fax my neurologist their written report. So, I do not have any official information to give to you today.


As is my custom, I did get a CD of my scan for myself. I have carefully looked at those 100+ images from this MRI and from previous ones. Although I am not an expert, nothing jumped out at me as being different. I did notice an area about 2cm x 1cm that was darker than the previous times... at the site of the original tumor. However, that could be caused by a slightly deeper "cut" this time, exposing some of the choroid plexus (that butterfly looking structure in the middle of the brain as seen from above). I am not overly concerned and will as patiently as I can wait to talk with my neurologist. I think if it was a recurrence, it would have been white.

  
I hope this does not overly concern you. I appreciate all of your thoughts, messages, and prayers. But right now I really think my auras are a sign of something off with my medicines that the cancer being back.





Give this some time to buffer. It is well worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jim! Keep us posted! Much love! Rachele <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jim.
    The reason I found your blog is easy, my girlfriend has also been diagnosed with an High Grade Glioma February of this year, we don't know much except the doctor said it's just a glioma. The symptoms she had was vomits and headaches and her glioma got removed during surgery, she's now undergoing chemo and radio therapies to stop cancer coming back and also doing an alkaline diet but if she has a recurence or if its necessary her family is willing to take her anywhere (Turkey for example\GEMM treatment) to treat her but she was "lucky" because her operation and doctors are from the best hospital in UK, from London.
    Well and I'm posting because I hope you recover, cancer is a terrible thing but I have faith and hope you'll be fine and that this thing you had was hopefully due to the medicine you are taking, as I also have faith and hope that my girlfriend will live many years as shes only 15 years old still and it's not fair for someone her age to already suffer so much, she's been through a lot, her parents divorce, depressions etc but she's the best person I know.
    Aniways I've heard of many effective alternative cancer treatments, such as DCA, MMS and the Overnight Cure for Cancer, if you search on google you will come up with something. Aniways farewell and god be with you and sorry for my long post.

    -Sérgio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for your comments. If you are not members of the forum, join us:

    http://cancerforums.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim, My husband was diagnosed in Dec. 08 with a Grade II diffuse Astrocytoma in the frontal temporal right side of the brain. He is left handed so they still aren't sure what parts of his body it can affect. It is inoperable due to the blood vessels involved. He just finished 6 weeks of radiation and 6 weeks of Temodar/Chemo and we go for his followup MRI on April 20th. He has applied for SSDI and SSI because we both now are unemployed. I guess we will see how that goes. he will lose all of his medical insurance in May. He can't drive and his treatments are 130 miles away in NC so I have to be with him now I lost my job too. Your story is very helpful to all of us and I hope all goes well with you. The Church has helped us out with Gas and Motels among other things. I know the power of prayer and I will keep you in mine.

    Tony and Beth Mathena

    tonyandbeth@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete